The Vision: what PSHE sets out to provide for students
- A safe place to push boundaries and explore big questions
- Accurate knowledge and sound skill-base enabling young people to thrive
- Well-motivated, young citizens with agency
- A means for developing discernment
- A focus on communication, inter-personal and employability skills needed now and in the future
- The opportunity to understanding and value themselves and their own identity and sense of worth
Key Stage 3
The year 7-9 Programme includes six units of study (Puzzles), each with six lessons (Pieces), designed to be taught sequentially throughout the school year, one per term, as follows:
- Being Me in My World
- Celebrating Difference
- Dreams and Goals
- Healthy Me
- Changing Me
There are no formal assessments in PSHE during years 7-9. However, informal assessments and checks on learning are done throughout the year.
There are no formal home learning tasks in PSHE during years 7-9. However, when appropriate, a class teacher may set a piece of preparation or continuation work.
How can parents support their child’s learning?
Please do look at the overview of lessons for your son’s year. Encourage him to talk to you about his lesson and the puzzle piece that he has engaged with each week.