School Uniform Policy
With the complete support of our parents and the co-operation of the students themselves, the uniform standard maintained at Verulam School is excellent. In the Sixth Form, uniform regulations are relaxed somewhat but we still require students to wear clothes which would be acceptable in a professional environment.
School Uniform Year 7 -11
- Navy Blue Blazer with badge.
- Black trousers of conventional cut
- White shirt.
- House tie (Blue for Brampton House, Red for Churchill, Green for Hamilton, Purple for Jennings, Gold for Park and Silver for York).
- School pullover or grey V-necked pullover.
- Black shoes (sports footwear is not appropriate).
- Dark grey or black socks
- No jewellery is permitted
Summer Uniform (From May Half Term)
- Pupils wear normal full school uniform Or a tailored short sleeve shirt with a Verulam badge.
Uniform should be worn correctly at all times, in school and to and from school. Shirts should be tucked in, top buttons fastened and ties worn correctly showing a shield and two stripes.
Coats, Sweatshirts, Hooded Jumpers & Trainers
Coats can be worn at lunchtime in outside areas only. They should not be worn on transition to lessons.
Hooded jumpers and sweatshirts are not a part of school uniform and should not be worn at any time.
At the end of the spring term Year 11 and 13 pupils will have the opportunity to purchase a Verulam School Leavers’ Hooded Top. Students who purchase this top will be able to wear this on site once issued at the end of the spring term and for examinations.
To be equipped for P.E. lessons boys should bring the following items:
- P.E. Shirt – navy with white, school design with school crest.
- P.E. Shorts – navy, with school crest.
- White sports socks (no school socks allowed).
- Clean indoor trainers.
To be equipped for Games lessons boys should bring the following items:
- A Verulam rugby shirt (House colour on reverse).
- Verulam blue rugby shorts.
- Verulam rugby socks.
- Boots and trainers are required for every lesson.
- Thermal tops or ‘skins’ are advised to be worn underneath during cold weather.
- A blue Verulam fleece top is also an optional addition.
- During the summer term boys are advised to bring sun block and a cap.
Sixth Form Dress Code
- Students should ensure they are wearing smart, professional attire, which includes suits, trousers, dresses or appropriate skirts, collared shirts, ties, blouses, tailored shorts, sweaters and cultural or religious dress.
- Inappropriate attire (both clothing and footwear) includes sportswear and beachwear, as well as jeans, unkempt clothing and shoes.
- Please do not wear anything that could offend others or make them feel uncomfortable. That includes clothing with profanity, hate speech, or exclusionary language. Likewise, midriffs should not be exposed, nor should any transparent fabrics be worn.
- Your clothing should show common sense and professionalism. Please exercise good judgment.
- Sixth form Leavers’ Hoodies may be worn from the spring term of Year 13 only.
- Outdoor coats should be removed once inside the school building
- For practical lessons, students may need to bring in appropriate clothing to change into.
- Lanyards must be worn to ensure the safeguarding of all students.
Issues with 6th Form dress will be referred to the KS5 Leadership Team who will make final decisions regarding dress or the need to change.
School Uniform Suppliers
The PTA run a second hand uniform shop which sells almost everything, including blazers and P.E. kit. There is a large amount of stock to choose from which is in very good condition. The shop is open 10.30am-11.30am on the first Saturday of the month in the school canteen.