Welcome to Verulam School Sixth Form
We have a reputation as a caring, nurturing and successful Post 16 community.
Building on the values of the whole school, EXCELLENCE-CHARACTER-RESPECT every student develops their individual character, self-respect and respect for others in addition to receiving excellence in learning.
We want our young men and women to develop as independent, well prepared and confident individuals ready to face the challenges of life and to give them the best possible opportunity to achieve academic success.
In our Sixth Form, students will benefit from:
- A diverse and stimulating range of courses.
- A highly qualified and dedicated team of pastoral and academic staff.
- A modern, dedicated study and social environment in the Sixth Form Centre.
- A full range of Community Service opportunities through our extensive extra-curricular programme.
Ultimately success at Verulam Sixth Form is achieved through the partnership of the student, staff and parents/carers working together.
Any academic issues should be queried with the subject teacher or faculty leader. Equally, any pastoral issues should be forwarded to the form tutor in the first instance.
Parents and carers will receive regular reviews and consultations on their son/daughter’s progress throughout the school year.
How to be Successful
- Attendance = 98%+
- Use of study sessions and completion of homework /prep
- Being well organised in terms of time (study, social, part-time work)- meet deadlines
- Ensure a weekly work plan is established – plan backwards
- Completing any coursework to the highest possible standards
- Asking for advice/help and acting upon it
- Communication with parents – tutors
Additional School Support
- Student services
- Regular assessments
- Detailed assessment/feedback
- Parental consultation evenings
- Academic mentoring – dedicated tutor team
- Supervised study
- Career and higher education guidance
- UCAS and Apprenticeships support and guidance
Part Time Work
- Getting the balance right is important.
- We recommend that students do no more than 10 hours per week.
- More than 10 hours per week can drop your grades from BBB to CCD.