BSV Education Trust Sixth Form Information
Verulam is part of a consortium agreement with Sandringham and Beaumont schools which enables students to take advantage of the full breadth of subjects available across the three Sixth Forms.
Where a student’s timetable is split across more than one Sixth Form we ask students to bear the following in mind:
- Make sure your Form Tutor is fully aware of when you are out of Verulam and at another institution. You should also sign out and in as appropriate (see Attendance and Punctuality). This is particularly important if you are somewhere else on a regular basis at registration times.
- Observe the rules of the host institution. There may be a different dress code, for instance. You may also be given access to study or recreational facilities. Please treat such privileges with courtesy and care.
- Verulam will also be acting as a host institution to other students. Please extend a friendly welcome to them and offer assistance and guidance around the school site.
- During examination periods, you will be entered via Verulam (so that all your results are returned to Verulam School) but you will sit the subject at the school where it has been studied along with the rest of your group.
- Minibuses run between Consortium schools at breaktime and lunchtime. It is the students’ responsibility to catch these buses on time and that they make their own way to Consortium lessons first thing in the morning and their own way home last thing in the afternoon. Individual transport may be used but students are advised to make certain of their insurance policy if they offer other students lifts.
- Absences – please contact the appropriate school and notify them of your absence.
- You may use ICT facilities and the Library at any of the three schools but you should observe the relevant user policies.
- Consortium Diaries are available. These contain further information on the Consortium.
The Consortium Website can be found on www.beausandver.org.uk