Equipped for Learning
Pupils can only make good progress and enjoy school if they have the correct equipment to use in both lessons and homework.
We therefore ask all parents to ensure their sons are fully equipped for school and that boys check this equipment is correct before school each day.
Students should check:
- Show My Homework’ for any tasks that are due
- Whether any games or PE kit is required for the next day
- That they have all the books needed for the next day’s lessons and that any work due is completed
- To ensure equipment is ready for the next day
Learning Equipment Required:
- A named, robust and spacious bag such as a rucksack. Small, fashionable, ‘man bags’ are not fit for this purpose. The bag should be able to contain both sports kit plus all the text and exercise books required for a day’s learning.
- Transparent pencil case
- Black or blue pens for writing – pupils should use the pen that helps them write in the clearest and neatest fashion
- HB Graphite pencils and rubber
- Colouring pencils
- Highlighter pens
- Red and green biros
- Glue stick
- Small scissors
- A clear rigid 30cm ruler
- Scientific calculator – Casio or similar are recommended
- Maths set, including a protractor, pair of compasses and a set square
Pupils are also expected to have a private reading book with them at all times.
Many parents find it beneficial to keep a duplicate learning equipment kit at home.
Equipment can be purchased at a discounted rate in the equipment shop, located at Student Reception.
All items should be named, this enables us to reunite students with their lost property. Lost property is kept in Student Reception and students should use break and lunchtimes to relocate any lost items.
During P.E. and Games sessions, boys should not bring valuables.
Year 7 students each have a locker located in their form rooms. Year 7 students are issued with a key for their locker during the first week of the Autumn term.
Years 8-11 are required to bring a padlock into school to secure their locker.
Year 8 and 9 students are allocated an individual locker in the canteen quad.
For Year 10 and 11 students we operate a ‘hot locker’ system whereby students either share a locker, or use one only on the days on which they are required. The Year 10 and 11 lockers are located inside the canteen. Arrangements for this system are made via form tutors at the beginning of the Autumn term.
Mobile Phone and Other Devices
- Mobile phones must be switched off at all times during the school day, including break and lunchtimes, and remain off whilst students are on the school premises. It is not acceptable for phones merely to be put on silent
- Mobile phones must be stored in a student’s locker throughout the day and not kept on their person.
- Mobile phones must be on silent at all times during the school day, including break and lunchtimes.
- Mobile phones may be used within the Sixth Form Centre