Sixth Form Dress Code
Sixth Form students are expected to set the standard for the rest of the school through their presentation and conduct.
A Sixth Former must be able to conduct a tour of the school for a visitor or leave the school site for an interview without having to alter their appearance.
The Sixth Form dress code is smart office wear and the requirements are as follows:
|Preferably a suit – i.e. navy, grey or black tailored jacket and trousers
|Suit (preferably a dark colour) – i.e. jacket with matching tailored skirt or full length tailored trousers
|Jacket and tailored trousers
Shirt with a tie. The Verulam Sixth Form tie must be worn on formal occasions.
|Tailored jacket with tailored skirt, trousers or dress. The skirt or dress should be of appropriate length; just above the knee.
Sleeveless summer dresses may be worn with a jacket or cardigan if they meet the criteria for smart office wear. However, a jacket / cardigan must be worn with such dresses around school.
Fitted shirt or smart top without logos. Shirts and blouses must cover the midriff. Vest tops, tops without sleeves, low cut tops or tops that reveal midriffs are not suitable.
|Smart shoes||Smart shoes
Muslim girls are permitted to wear a head scarf (Hijab) should they wish. These should be either black or blue. Full face head veils (Niqab) are not permitted.
- Hooded tops are not to be worn at any time. No trainers, boots or casual shoes
- Ear and nose piercings discreet stud only. Hair should be appropriate for school
- Facial hair must be neat, tidy and short; following the line of the jaw
- A jacket must be worn when walking around school, as well as for assemblies and other formal occasions. Teachers may give students permission to remove their jackets in lessons
- Outdoor coats must be removed inside the school building
- For practical lessons, students may need to bring in appropriate clothing to change into for that lesson
Any student who breaches the school dress code can expect to be sent home to change and will be issued with a detention. Issues with 6th Form dress will be referred to the KS5 Leadership Team who will make final decisions regarding dress or the need to change.